About Team Norway in Singapore
The Royal Norwegian Embassy in Singapore works to promote Norwegian economic and political interests in Singapore. Working for and with the Norwegian business community is a key priority for the embassy.
Innovation Norway is the Norwegian Government’s most important instrument for innovation and development of Norwegian enterprises and industry.
Innovation Norway support companies in developing their competitive advantage and to enhance innovation. Norwegian enterprises have access to a broad business support system as well as financial means. Innovation Norway provides competence, advisory services, promotional services and network services. The marketing of Norway as a tourist destination is also considered one of the organisation’s important tasks. By combining local industry knowledge and international networks with the business ideas and the motivation of entrepreneurs, the foundation for new successful businesses is created. Innovation Norway contributes to:
- Enhancing innovation in Norwegian enterprises and industry
- Building competitive Norwegian enterprises at both domestic and international markets
- Promoting Norwegian enterprises
- Promoting Norway as an attractive tourist destination
- Securing development in rural areas
- Transforming ideas into successful business cases
- Promote interaction between enterprises, knowledge communities and R&D institutions
Innovation Norway is the Norwegian government’s official trade representative abroad. It aims to assist Norwegian businesses grow and find new markets. Local presence is therefore of crucial concern to them. Innovation Norway is represented in more than 30 countries worldwide and in all Norwegian counties. Their head office is in Oslo.
The Norwegian Seafood Council works together with the Norwegian fisheries and aquaculture industry to develop markets for Norwegian seafood. The Norwegian Seafood Council aims to increase the value of Norwegian seafood resources. We do this through market insights, market development, market risk management and reputational risk management in select markets around the world.
About Team Norway in General
The concept “Team Norway” is an initiative led by the Norwegian Ministry of Trade, Industry and Fisheries to enhance Norwegian business abroad through closer cooperation between different actors, such as the embassies, Innovation Norway, various support organisations and other sector related organisations. Local Team Norway’s are coordinated by the diplomatic mission countries where appropriate, in order to promote synergies in the efforts to promote Norwegian business.
Examples of Typical Members
- The local Norwegian Embassies (abroad)
- Norwegian Ministry of Trade Industry and Fisheries (in Norway)
- Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy (in Norway)
- Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (in Norway)
- Innovation Norway (in Norway and abroad)
- Export Credit Norway (in Norway)
- GIEK (in Norway)
- INTPOW (in Norway)
- INTSOK (in Norway and abroad)
- NHO, Confederation of Norwegian Industry (in Norway)
- Norwegian Seafood Council (in Norway and abroad)
- Norwegian Shipowners’ Association (in Norway and abroad)
- The local Norwegian Business Association or Chamber of Commerce (abroad)
- The local Norwegian Seaman’s Church (abroad)